On 12/05/2016 04:41, Mike Lothian wrote:
Hi Axel

Is the thread_submit=true only for nine or does it work with all of DRI3?

I'm keen to get rid of the tearing on my Skylake/Tonga setup

Thanks

Mike

It is gallium nine only for now.

In the case of gallium nine, it as a reasonnable assumption all accesses to the rendered content (read/write) is done through the api. Besides the window messages are independent of whether there is presentation or not (and when). Thus you can delay the presentation.

I believe in the case of GL, it is too much to do these assumptions. Though perhaps the option could still be added and user test if for their app it works or not. But it's not trivial work to add support for the option.

Axel