On 10/03/2011 03:59 PM, Stéphane Marchesin wrote:
2011/10/3 Chad Versace<c...@chad-versace.us>:

On 10/03/2011 03:20 PM, Stéphane Marchesin wrote:
Us poor souls who cross compile mesa want to be able to specify which
pkg-config to pick, or at least just change one place.

Would setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH at configuration time solve your problem?

When I cross-compile or do other pkg-config hocus pocus, I invoke configure as
        ./configure ... PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/my-libdrm/pkgconfig

But that won't override the Makefiles containing hardcoded calls to
pkg-config, or did I miss something?

pkg-config is the program, and PKG_CONFIG_PATH tells it where to find the .pc files. The program may have a path built into it. By changing pkg-config to $(PKG_CONFIG) are you trying to change where it finds the .pc files, or are you trying to change something else?