On 10/12/2011 10:57 AM, Eric Anholt wrote:
On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:27:44 -0600, Brian Paul<brian.e.p...@gmail.com>  wrote:
From: Brian Paul<bri...@vmware.com>

Only swrast and the drivers that fall back to swrast need these fields now.
This removes the last of the fields related to software rendering from
gl_texture_image.

+   /* Allocate the swrast_texture_image::ImageOffsets array now */
+   switch (texobj->Target) {
+   case GL_TEXTURE_3D:
+   case GL_TEXTURE_2D_ARRAY:
+      slices = image->Depth;
+      break;
+   case GL_TEXTURE_1D_ARRAY:
+      slices = image->Height;
+      break;
+   default:
+      slices = 1;
+   }
+   assert(!intel_image->base.ImageOffsets);
+   intel_image->base.ImageOffsets = malloc(slices * sizeof(GLuint));

This (and the corresponding code in the other drivers) should live in
swrast with the IsPowerOfTwo and *Scale setup I think.

I'd like to do that in a follow-on commit.

There's actually an issue with the swrast FetchTexel code that should probably be addressed first.

The 2D FetchTexel function is used for both 2D and 1D_ARRAY targets, but ImageOffsets[] is not used there. The 1D array slice/coord is passed as the second texcoord component so the texel address is computed using the RowStride. So while the 1D_ARRAY case in the code above is what we need for glTex[Sub]Image, it's irrelevant and ignored during swrast sampling of a 1D array texture. It's probably always been broken (I doubt i965 user has ever hit that sw fallback path).

The simplest fix is to use the FetchTexel3D function when sampling 1D_ARRAYs, pass the slice as the 3rd coordinate so we use ImageOffsets[] and finally, have the swrast driver setup the ImageOffsets[] array as we're doing in the intel driver. Then we could merge some code.

I'd like to commit the patch series as-is and then refine things bit by bit. I tested these patches on i965 and swrast and there were no piglit texture/fbo regressions.

BTW, under what circumstances will the i965 driver revert to swrast rendering nowadays? The only FALLBACK() instance I see in the driver (just grepping) is for selection/feedback mode.

-Brian