----- Original Message -----
[...]
> Anyway, you guys are doing it, and it doesn't seem like Keith or Brian have
> an opinion, so as far as I'm concerned, feel free to decide among yourselves
> and start coding away in a branch.
>
> I only have two requirements:
>
> - there must be no regression on llvmpipe upon merging.  (svga is
> equally important, but its capabilities in terms of formats are
> quite constrained so I doubt there will be any issues. llvmpipe, on
> the other hand, supports pretty most of the formats out there, most
> of them through LLVM IR, and the remainder trhough u_format's code).
>
> - u_format's current functionality must not degrade -- i.e., don't
> remove the ability to pack/unpack/fetch _any_ integer format from/to
> 4 x floats or 4 x unorm8, just because GL/D3D doesn't allow it.
>
> That's all!

After wasting so much time on this topic, and conceding on most points, I'm
disappointed that the new pure integers formats were added without support for
converting to/from floats (my 2nd request above) which ended up causing
obscures bugs in llvmpipe (my 1st request).

I regret having been so laissez-faire -- I should had made a fuss in the review
request when my 2nd request was ignored --, but I learnt my lesson.

Jose