On March 2, 2017 09:28:08 Emil Velikov <emil.l.veli...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 2 March 2017 at 16:39, Jason Ekstrand <ja...@jlekstrand.net> wrote:
On Mar 2, 2017 3:38 AM, "Emil Velikov" <emil.l.veli...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 1 March 2017 at 20:06, Jason Ekstrand <ja...@jlekstrand.net> wrote:
On Wed, Mar 1, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Emil Velikov <emil.l.veli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

Hello list,

The candidate for the Mesa 17.0.1 is now available. Currently we have:
 - 60 queued
 - 9 nominated (outstanding)
 - and 0 rejected patch(es)

The current queue consists of:

On the GLX/EGL front we have a GLVND fix for "The Binding of Isaac:
Rebirth"
and other games, eglQuerySurface now returns correct geometry when
running
under X11/DRI3.

There's a number of crash fixes affecting all Gallium drivers. An old
regression fix for r300 on BE hardware been fixed. The radeonsi driver
has
fixes for Tessellation shaders on Carrizo and Stoney hardware.

While on the nouveau side, compute shader have been improved on some
nvc0 devices.

The vc4 and etnaviv drivers have also seen a couple of small fixe.

For the Intel drivers (both GL and Vulkan) we have a diverse bunch of
patches -
from CTS fixes for Sandy Bridge, to improved swizzle clears and improved
handling of GPUs without (Last Level Cache) LLC.

On integration side - we had some Android build fixes and a new script to
parse and look for bug fixes.

And for those of you wondering - the delay was caused by a buggy
optimisation
pass, that has since been removed.

I don't see the remove patch on the queue below.

As always, fixes are squashed with the regressing commit.

In this case "i965/fs: Remove the inline pack_double_2x32
optimization" is folded with "i965/fs: Fix the inline
nir_op_pack_double optimization".
Admittedly I should have dropped the regressing commit in the first place.

No, it was a bugfix it just didn't fix enough of it.

How does the following [kind of] note look ? I don't mind adding it
for future instances.

       i965/fs: Fix the inline nir_op_pack_double optimization
* Squashed with:
       i965/fs: Remove the inline pack_double_2x32 optimization

In this particular case, I wouldn't even mention the "fix" commit.  The
correct fix was to just drop the optimization altogether.
That's precisely what I said above - should have dropped "Fix the
inline..." in the first place ;-)

Sorry, I misinterpreted what you said

Looking for the more generic case - are you for/against like the proposed idea ?
It provides a quick and easy feedback which I think you/others will appreciate.

I think that general message style sounds fine.

-Emil
P.S. Can I interest you in using plain/text emails ? Formatting is all
over the place :-\

How's this?  Trying a new Android email app.

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com