On 11/19/2011 07:42 AM, Marek Olšák wrote:
On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 9:44 PM, Ian Romanick<i...@freedesktop.org>  wrote:
On 11/18/2011 11:27 AM, Marek Olšák wrote:

This patch also needs to change the _mesa_glsl_supported_extensions table in
glsl_parser_extras.cpp.  AMD_conservative_depth is used for both versions of
the extension in the table.

But that refers to the single extension flag in mtypes.h and there's
only one: the AMD one. Not sure what else I should change in that
table.

You are correct. Looking closer at the EXT macro used to generate that table, I see why there are two enable bits in _mesa_glsl_parse_state. The structure field name and the string come from the same macro parameter.

I'm not super convinced that we even need separate enable flags.  Both
extensions add the exact same functionality using the exact same layout
qualifiers.  It's not a big deal to me either way, though.

I guess this would end up being incorrect with unified flags:

#extension GL_AMD_conservative_depth : enable
#extension GL_ARB_conservative_depth : disable // would disable AMD too

That's an interesting case. What does AMD's closed-source driver do in that case? I think that's the only other shipping implementation of the AMD extensions, so as long as we do what they do...

Just a thought.

Marek