On 04/21/2017 05:02 AM, Emil Velikov wrote:
On 21 April 2017 at 07:18, Jordan Justen <jordan.l.jus...@intel.com> wrote:
On 2017-04-20 18:49:57, Timothy Arceri wrote:
On 21/04/17 11:37, Jordan Justen wrote:
On 2017-04-20 12:33:45, Samuel Pitoiset wrote:
I have used it sometimes, but since VERBOSE_API is missing in a bunch of
places, that's quite useless. :)

I also use MESA_VERBOSE=api every few months or so. I've found it
pretty useful, but frustratingly I've nearly always ended up having to
add new calls for it become useful.

Something that automates wrapping the API probably is perhaps more
maintainable.

As Eric mentioned it would probably be best to add something to dispatch
generation if we want this to be reliable. It shouldn't be too difficult
to do.

Could that version could be implemented as a replacement before
removing the current version?

As you pointed out this is something we might want to have in GLVND.
Not sure if how long it will take to write/merge that so stalling on
it is a bit... meh.

FWIW, there is some old code in src/mapi/glapi/glapi_dispatch.c that'll print each API call with its arguments. Though, IIRC, it requires disabling the x86/x64 asm dispatch code, disabling shared-glapi and something else.

-Brian