Maarten Lankhorst wrote:

Hm, could you test with some added sanity checks?

mplayer: vl/vl_vlc.h:139: vl_vlc_eatbits: Assertion `vlc->valid_bits > num_bits' failed.

If that works, maybe remove the vl_vlc_fillbits call I added in
vl_mpeg12_bs_decode
to see if that is what caused it. Unfortunately the bitstream parser just fails
to work
correctly here on a lot of my test videos, but that happens even without this
patch.

Yea, since the rewrite I have seen some crashes - only at the end of some transport streams and only so far with svn mplayer, release mplayer doesn't do it.

You might want to check with valgrind to see if it tosses any warning, too.
I don't suppose you have a short clip of the failing video that reproduces the
problem?

Anything should do - I haven't found one that works yet, mpeg1, mpeg2 progressive/interlaced, TS, PS, SD, HD with release mplayer or svn, all crash before rendering anything.