On 05/17/2017 12:50 PM, Emil Velikov wrote:
On 17 May 2017 at 17:05, Kyle Brenneman <kyle.brenne...@gmail.com> wrote:

The patch assumes that glXGetDriverConfig will only ever be implemented by
Mesa. As long as that's a safe assumption, the change looks right to me.
Can you elaborate a bit more here? Both the AMDGPU-PRO stack and the
ImgTec driver used in CrOS uses Mesa as a base, thus they export the
function.
Admittedly the latter does not use GLX, AFAICT.

-Emil
The GLVND dispatch functions (dispatch_GetDriverConfig in this case) are what gets returned to the application from glXGetProcAddress. Normally, they'd figure out a vendor library based on the function parameters and then look up that vendor's implementation. In this case, though, the dispatch function calls Mesa's glXGetDriverConfig function directly.

That said, unless it can figure out a display and screen number from the driver name, I don't think there's much else that the dispatch function could do.