On 12/14/2011 02:13 PM, Eric Anholt wrote:
On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 18:07:05 -0700, Brian Paul<brian.e.p...@gmail.com>  wrote:
From: Brian Paul<bri...@vmware.com>

This fixes two things:
1. If the texture object was created with glTexStorage2D, the call
    to _mesa_TexImage2D() would generate INVALID_OPERATION since the
    texture is marked as immutable.
2. _mesa_TexImage2D() always frees any existing texture image memory
    before allocating new memory.  That's inefficient since the existing
    image is usually the right size already.  Now we only make the call
    when necessary.

v2: use _mesa_TexImage() in prepare_dest_image() to make sure side-effects
of changing a texture image are observed (like FBO completeness).

Should this live in main/mipmap.c?  It looks like
generate_mipmap_uncompressed() needs it.

I think the broader question is are we updating fbo completeness when we change any texture image by mipmap generation, right?

We're probably missing that in a few places.

How about I look into that after this meta fix?  R-b?

-Brian