On 01/25/2012 01:17 PM, Marek Olšák wrote:
Hi everyone,

If your Mesa driver supports GL3 or EXT_texture_array or ARB_draw_instanced,
Unigine is broken for you. (I tested Unigine Sanctuary and Unigine Heaven, the
others probably won't be any different)

The only way to make it work seems to be to relax some requirements of the GL
spec and extensions (i.e. being non-compliant and non-portable in theory, but
actually being very portable in practice). There are probably more ways to go
about it. The patch below fixes softpipe and r600g. I think we should discuss
this and come up with some solution, otherwise Unigine will be broken forever.
It doesn't have to be exactly like this patch. I think that if we go with an
out-of-spec behavior, we should print a compiler warning at least.

 From what I gathered, Unigine behaves like this:
if (ARB_draw_instanced) use gl_InstanceID;
if (EXT_texture_array || GL3) use sampler2DArrayShadow;

There are no GLSL preprocessor directives in any shader in Unigine whatsoever.

Comments welcome.

Marek

I believe Eric has some patches to work around Unigine as well.  Eric?