On Tuesday, January 23, 2018 1:32:53 AM PST Chris Wilson wrote:
> Quoting Kenneth Graunke (2018-01-23 09:28:20)
> > The purpose of the workaround BO is to write to it.
>
> Do you care for the serialisation here? I thought the purpose of the wa
> was just for write-only memory, so lying to the kernel to disable write
> hazards is acceptable.
> -Chris

We don't usually read it, so it should be fine, but I don't like lying
about things...it was more an oversight than an intentional way to avoid
synchronization.  What synchronization would there be, anyway, assuming
we don't ever read it or map it?

I thought we still read it for register checks, though it appears that
we now allocate a dedicated BO for that purpose.  Plus, screen creation
time is long done by the time we have a context and start using BLORP...

So basically, I don't like lying.  Is there really an advantage to it?