Hi Eric,

On 31 May 2018 at 17:13, Eric Engestrom <eric.engest...@intel.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, 2018-05-31 16:57:17 +0100, Daniel Stone wrote:
>> Not initialising attached_{width,height} should not cause any problems
>> with these checks. By definition there cannot have been any buffers
>> allocated or attached between creation and the first draw call, so
>> there are no old buffers to release.
>>
>> So with that initialisation removed, this is (assuming dEQP still passes):
>
> IMG has a similar patch locally (Cc'ed Frank), because (IIRC) dEQP
> creates a window, and before attaching any surface to it, it reads back
> the size and asserts out of most tests because it's 0 or -1 or something
> like that, and I think this attached_width/height hack was needed
> because of that.

That's odd. As I understand it, eglQuerySurface(EGL_{WIDTH,HEIGHT})
should be returning the base surface values. attached_{width,height}
should only be returned to the user when calling
wl_egl_window_get_attached_size(). I'm happy to fix the former for
consistency with other platforms, but anyone calling the latter
without ever having attached anything deserves whatever they get, to
be honest.

Cheers,
Daniel