For the series https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/series/44596/
Updating Meson from 0.46.1 to 0.47.0 sorted the build system generating failure
posted about earlier and eventually got a successful build. Note that I am
using Python 3.7. Though I remember getting very similar errors with Python
3.6.5.

There is an alternative patch for patch 45 in the series somewhere on this
mailing
list:https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2018-July/199683.html
As an extra it bumps the requirement of Meson to 0.46.0 but now I wonder if
it's enough.

Also I noticed that after build was done some dlls have names slightly
different than Scons build's counterparts. I think they should be consistent:

- OSMesa-8.dll instead osmesa.dll (osmesa gallium, didn't try building osmesa
classic);- glapi-0.dll instead of libglapi.dll;- GLESv1_CM-1.dll instead of
libGLESv1_CM.dll;- GLESv2-2.dll instead of libGLESv2.dll;- also I think
expat-1.dll can be just expat.dll.
On the bright side bug 106843 only affects Scons.