On 8/14/18 4:37 PM, Emil Velikov wrote:

If yes, then I think the best approach would be to make a EGL extension based
on the two functions, and simply ignore the existing ones, so that
backwars-compatibility stays the same.

Apart from xdriinfo, driconf and adriconf, I don't think any other application
uses those two functions, but in any case I think is better to don't break
things.

EGL extension (or wayland protocol) will address Wayland case. You
still need something for Xserver or Xwayland - the existing hacks or
something better.

IIRC Axel had his own project alike driconf - not sure if he used the
hacky API or not.

HTH
Emil

Hi,

My driconf clone is hosted here: https://github.com/axeldavy/driCenter

It seems for that part, I adapted glxinfo's code, and that glXGetProcAddress is only called once for glXCreateContextAttribsARB.

https://github.com/axeldavy/driCenter/blob/master/CardDetection/driCenterDete/glx_info.c

Yours,

Axel Davy