On 23/06/2018 07:03, Ian Romanick wrote:
I initially started implementing support for NV_shader_atomic_float.  I
had misunderstood the hardware specs, and Intel hardware cannot actually
do that extension.  It does have some floating-point atomic support, so
I decided to create an extension based on what the hardware actually can
do.  I discussed this with some guys at AMD and NVIDIA, and it seems
nobody else can do these things.

Hi,

Older AMD SI chips had the functionality, as can be seen here:

https://developer.amd.com/wordpress/media/2012/12/AMD_Southern_Islands_Instruction_Set_Architecture.pdf

It features BUFFER_ATOMIC_FMIN, BUFFER_ATOMIC_FCMPSWAP and BUFFER_ATOMIC_FMAX.

The feature seems to have been dropped with later iterations of GCN.

Reading the spec of intel broadwell, there are some sections mentioning atomic float add,

https://01.org/sites/default/files/documentation/intel-gfx-prm-osrc-bdw-vol07-3d_media_gpgpu_3.pdf

But there is no mention of it for Skylake. Maybe it was supported, but dropped ?

Yours,

Axel Davy