On Mon, Sep 3, 2018 at 4:27 PM Eric Anholt <e...@anholt.net> wrote:

> Mauro Rossi <issor.or...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Fixes the following building error, happening when building both intel and
> > broadcom:
>
> I wish someone maintaining android Mesa would work on making the meson
> build work for them instead of just continuing to maintain the
> Android.mk mess.

Trust me, no one likes this thankless job.

How do you envision that would work without meson support in the
Android build system? I went down the path of defining a "prebuilt"
Android.mk target which calls meson to do a build. This was a dead end
because the Android.mk gets none of the build environment. It's
possible to dump all that out and re-construct those settings. That
seems horribly fragile, and I'd guess we'd just be switching from mesa
to AOSP breaking the build. Of course the latter already happens too.
Finally, I'm pretty sure this would not be accepted for the AOSP copy
of mesa (which is trying to track mainline).

The other route would be some sort automatic meson to Android BP build
file translation. Such a thing exists for autotools, but I've never
seen it in actual use anywhere.

Either way, this seems like a unicorn to me until AOSP provides some
support to support meson. If you really want to force the issue, strip
all the Android.mk files out of mesa. Though that will mainly put the
pain on downstream device trees, not AOSP.

Rob