Any updates on this? I see the code is still in master

On 2018-09-21 17:34, Emil Velikov wrote:
On 21 September 2018 at 00:42, Timothy Arceri <tarc...@itsqueeze.com> wrote:
On 20/9/18 11:09 pm, Ian Romanick wrote:
On 09/19/2018 11:36 PM, Federico Dossena wrote:
As most of you are probably aware of, id2 and id3 games store GL
extensions in a buffer that's too small for modern systems. This usually
leads to a crash when MESA_EXTENSION_MAX_YEAR is not set, but what the
creator of this commit didn't know is that some id3 games (the more
"recent" ones) don't crash, they just truncate the string. As a result
of this commit, these games can't detect some extensions and therefore
don't work properly.

It sounds like the problem is still that MESA_EXTENSION_MAX_YEAR is not
set, so why not just set it?  Doesn't that fix the problem?

There is no driconfig option for this currently. Personally I'd rather just
sort the extensions (even if it was only for 32bit builds of Mesa) rather
than adding a bunch of code and extra entry's into driconfig.

Or are you saying you would prefer we do nothing and people should use
MESA_EXTENSION_MAX_YEAR be required to use?

As mentioned in my other reply there seems to be two type of problems
when dealing with some idtech games:
  - blind copy - leading to crashes
  - copy + truncation - leading to "missing" extensions

Ideally we'll get some driconfig machinery for at least the former.
But in the meanwhile feel free to revert my patch.

-Emil