On 11/2/18 3:58 PM, Michel Dänzer wrote:
On 2018-11-02 10:23 a.m., Samuel Pitoiset wrote:
User are encouraged to switch to LLVM 7.0 released in September 2018.

At least two major releases of LLVM should always be supported,
otherwise we force our downstreams and users to upgrade LLVM and Mesa in
lockstep.

The main problem is that LLVM 6 is buggy in many ways (GPU hangs, rendering issues). We have encouraged people to not use it since months, at least for RADV and DXVK users.

Also, I assume LLVM 8 to be released in March 2019 like mesa 19.0, so two major releases will be supported.