On 04/30/2012 11:24 AM, Eric Anholt wrote:
On Mon, 30 Apr 2012 13:19:06 +0200, Olivier Galibert<galib...@pobox.com>  wrote:
TGSI doesn't need an opcode, since registers are untyped (but beware
once doubles come into the scene).  Mesa needs two because registers
are typed float.  They're not going to work anyway, given that a float
does not have enough mantissa bits to store a full 32bits integer.

Of course, in the end, it was only tested with softpipe, since the
other two software renderers don't support glsl 1.3 yet.

I don't think we should bother with the ir_to_mesa for this.  ir_to_mesa
is never supporting integer, so the code will never be executed.

Agreed. No need for ir_to_mesa code---at this point, it's only targeting architectures that exclusively do floating point. We really only need this for i965 and st_glsl_to_tgsi.