Hi,

On 8.1.2019 8.56, Stéphane Marchesin wrote:
Yes I think the Chrome-side is very simple here: because there isn't
time or means for in-depth investigation, if a driver crashes too
much, it gets blacklisted. The situation is not unique, the GPU
blacklist file is 1700 lines:
https://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/gpu/+/master/config/software_rendering_list.json

Anyway, IMO if the biggest crashers can be fixed, I think we could
eventually make a case to reenable.

Can Chrome crash tracking system provide following information:
* which www-page caused the crash
* upstream Mesa commit used
* upstream kernel commit used
* if crash is from ChromeOS
   - what patches have been applied on top of kernel & Mesa
* if crash is from a Linux distro
  - distro version and windowing system setup (X/Wayland, compositor)
  - package versions for kernel, Mesa, display server and compositor
    (to find what kernel & Mesa patches are applied)
* detailed HW information
* backtrace
?

So that developers could try the corresponding combination?

        - Eero