Hi,

I'm not sure the promise "1 mail per pull request" is working well.
For example, taking one recent pull request
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/merge_requests/105

I didn't receive anything, nor
https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/mesa-dev/2019-January/thread.html
yet.

I received some mails with [MR] in the title with two lines indicating merge requests, but that seems to be for a minority of the requests.

I guess the system is not automated right now.

I think there needs to be an automated system, and that it should look pretty close to what a cover-letter for a mail serie should look like, that is: . The global stat diffs of the merge requests (which files are affected, how many modifications, etc)
. The summary of the request
. All the patch titles

I don't want to go open all merge requests in my browser to get that information. So far I only went check the list of gitlab merge requests 3 times, whereas I go through my mails several times a day.

Yours,

Axel Davy