On 6/20/19 6:33 PM, Rohan Garg wrote:
Not sure I understand how this works. Isn't this going to cause
unnecessary container builds?

And, why cannot developers just add whatever they want to DEBIAN_TAG
to that end?

This will spin a container for each branch, yes, though I think that is
how it should be.

Well, things are like this right now precisely because people wanted to avoid what you are proposing. I would be quite sad if every time I push a new branch I had to wait for the container to be rebuilt. Also note that this is how other projects based on wayland/ci-templates work, including the rest of mesa.

The patch allows for someone working in a branch to
( if the need be ) customize their containers for their branch.

As I said, you can easily do that atm by just updating DEBIAN_TAG.

To that extent, I've simply enabled the CI to auto generate a DEBIAN_TAG
which depends on the branch name so that a developer doesn't have to change
the DEBIAN_TAG themselves.

But, why is that such a problem?

Cheers,

Tomeu