So I found your thread [1]

Forcing no error is generally not recommended or a good idea. The game seems to work fine for me.

[1] https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/500816-unsupported-formattype-gl_rg8_snormgl_none/

On 16/10/20 11:11 am, Daniel Mota Leite wrote:
Hi

        Since i updated to mesa 20.2.0 and then to 20.2.1, i'm unable to
load war thunder game, it now just returns:

Unsupported format/type: GL_RG8_SNORM/GL_NONE

        In the game forum another user complained about the same issue.
We both use AMD cards, RX480 and RX580 with the same mesa version.

        Can someone translate what that error mean? may some mesa bug
affecting this cards slipped in to 20.2.x?

        I'm on kernel 5.8.13 in slackware and the other user 5.7.10 in
gentoo.

Thanks in advance for the help
higuita