Hi,

On 24/10/23 0:44, Thomas Erbesdobler wrote:
Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on a very simple OpenCL runtime for Intel GPUs, which I would like to make available as open source project (and maybe also distribute it). To generate the ring-commands (the command stream which controls the GPU, i.e. loads kernels and data, spawns worker threads, etc.) I used the genX.xml-files of the MESA project. They are located at src/intel/genxml in the source tree (i.e. https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/tree/main/src/intel/genxml).

FWIW, some those genxml files are already being used by other drivers. Here a example, with license, on the broadcom case:

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/blob/main/src/broadcom/cle/gen_pack_header.py?ref_type=heads#L3

Like MESA itself I am using these genX.xml-files to generate C(++) header files. Most code in that part of MESA's sources is covered by a MIT license, but I did not find a particular license for the genX.xml-files (however the generated headers are MIT-licensed, too). Am I allowed to distribute these genX.xml-files in my project, and if yes, under which terms?

I would probably license my OpenCL runtime under the MIT license (SPDX-version), too.

Regards,
Thomas