On 12/04/2023 16:39, Brian Paul wrote:
On 4/12/23 02:30, Ignacio Soriano Hernandez wrote:

To use Brian Paul’s words:

The core library was originally (started in 1993) written on an Amiga using the DCC compiler. Later, development was moved to an SGI workstation.  Current development is done on PC/Linux systems.

Hard to believe it's been 30 years!

[snip]

I took a look at this over the last few days with the plan to use fs-uae to get the following built:

1. Static lib build.
2. Aim for GL 1.5.
3. swrast (softpipe) and osmesa.

I'm not familiar with PiStorm32/Emu68 but the first big issue may be that Mesa makes pervasive use of 64-bit datatypes (int64_t, uint64_t). Just from its name, PiStorm32/Emu68 sounds like a 32-bit environment. So unless your compiler has good support for emulating 64-bit types with 32-bit operations, you may be out of luck.

That's not the biggest issue. The biggest issue seems to be the pervasive pthreading throughout the library, which may be switching to C11 threading in future, I don't know, I dropped C and C++ (for good reasons) back in 2005 and haven't followed either so don't know what is planned for C11 thread support.

It seems that is there is patchy support for pthreads, this has always been in case even bitd when I was using Amiga's daily.

I really don't know whether the OS can even support a full pthreads implementation, I've seen people say it cannot.

But there are issues with the toolchain, bebbo's gcc install raises false positives in the setup stage, i.e. clib2 installs:

/opt/amiga-gcc/m68k-amigaos/clib2/include/dlfcn.h

with no library backing it up.

AmigaOS 3.x has a libdl on Aminet which works to some degree, I've not tested it thoroughly to see what it can and cannot handle.

Latest zlib builds and installs with the command from the older zlib on Aminet.

Even expat built, but the benchmark program would refuse to execute under AmigaOS with the OS saying it wasn't executable when it was. A simple hello world test program ran fine though, so the compiler does work.

Luke.