On Fri, Mar 28, 2014 at 10:15 AM, Roland Scheidegger <srol...@vmware.com> wrote:
> Am 28.03.2014 05:06, schrieb Kenneth Graunke:
>>
>> I've attached the info for everything on the i965 driver.  In case you
>> ever want to regenerate things, I just ran:
>>
>> $ INTEL_DEVID_OVERRIDE=0x29a2 glxinfo -l -s &> gen4
>> $ INTEL_DEVID_OVERRIDE=0x2a42 glxinfo -l -s &> gen4.5
>> $ INTEL_DEVID_OVERRIDE=0x0046 glxinfo -l -s &> gen5
>> $ INTEL_DEVID_OVERRIDE=0x0116 glxinfo -l -s &> gen6
>> $ INTEL_DEVID_OVERRIDE=0x0166 glxinfo -l -s &> gen7-ivb
>> $ INTEL_DEVID_OVERRIDE=0x0f31 glxinfo -l -s &> gen7-byt
>> $ INTEL_DEVID_OVERRIDE=0x0d26 glxinfo -l -s &> gen7.5
>>
>> Naming for these are kind of...complicated. :(
> And you even forgot some names - HD Graphics (no number) is used for
> SandyBridge/Ivy Bridge too...

So that name is clearly unusable. Unfortunately the generated
glxinfo's were for a git mesa build, but armed with this information,
I was able to regenerate them on my own snb laptop. Unfortunately it
turns out these aren't quite accurate, apparently there are some
checks that need to happen in order for ARB_(multi_)draw_indirect,
ARB_tf2/3/instanced, and AMD_performance_monitor to appear activated.
I've manually added those in for IVB and left them out for HSW since
I'm told there's presently no kernel support for them. (I had actually
received a HSW glxinfo earlier from Eric Anholt, but I guess he must
have been running with a hacked up kernel.)

If you guys notice any errors in these, please let me know. I also
chose some names that made sense based on the below info from Ken, as
well as the names reported by the driver (965G vs G965, for some
reason GM45 gets a utf8'd registered symbol while all the other
versions are satisified with a plain (R), etc).

I think at this point, my list is complete for semi-recent hardware
(i965, nv50, nvc0, r600, radeonsi drivers), and vastly incomplete for
pretty much anything else. [Ugh, with the exception of NVA0 (G200),
which has a few things G80-G98 don't, and is missing a few things that
GT21x have. But I'll get it.]

Do people have opinions on whether it'd be useful to also gather data
for older hardware? FWIW I threw my TNT2 in there, which is probably
among the oldest hw supported by mesa.

Any other suggestions? As a reminder, the current list is available at
http://people.freedesktop.org/~imirkin/glxinfo/glxinfo.html (defaults
to core context, so older stuff doesn't show up, click on 'compat' to
see it).

I'm thinking of adding
- history support (would allow one to link directly to a version/{core,compat})
- selecting specific configs to make comparison easier
- option to hide rows that are supported by everything
- some sort of design + words around the table to explain what it is
and how to use it