On 23/06/2014 04:48, Michel Dänzer wrote :
If X doesn't know anything about the secondary card, the secondary card
must use the server side GLX information from the driver of the primary
card, right? That seems rather hackish to me, and like it can only work
as long as the cards / drivers are 'similar enough'...

Patches 1, 2 and 10 look good to me though FWIW. The radeonsi piglit
multisampling regressions with DRI3 compared to DRI2 can be addressed
later as far as I'm concerned.

I've investigated this deeper, and apparently it shouldn't be a problem.
Mesa takes care of the driver capabilities for the GLX visuals and fbconfigs,
and you have an intersection of what the server advertises and what you can
actually have.

The only constraint in the spec seems to be that there must be a GLX fbconfig supporting
RGBA and some other constraints.

Axel Davy