On 3 April 2015 at 14:43, Predut, Marius <marius.pre...@intel.com> wrote:

>> Just a couple of small details - mesa has a fall-back for the mentioned
>> functions (plus others) in $(top)/include/*h.
>>
>> That said, I believe that the overall consensus is that building mesa with
>> MSVC 2008, is the bare minimum, with MSVC 2013 strongly recommended. Afaik,
>> as the VMWare guys give us the go ahead > > > we'll drop all the workarounds
>> for pre-2013 versions and bump the requirement.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Emil
> Hmm, nice to know,
> but in this case the build system have to take in consideration and this is a
> bug or ,
>  by hand we should copy headers?

Not sure I fully understand your statement here. Currently there are
two types of headers - A) provide official (like) implementation, and
B) that wrap around existing ones.
Example:
 A) include/c99/* provides stdint.h & co for MSVC 2012 and older as
they lack the headers.
 B) include/c99_math.h provides compat wrapper, as MSVC 2013's math.h
is not in C99 land yet.

About using those - everything is handled already. Where needed the
extra include is added by the build (for A) and where the code is
known to be build with MSVC a header from B is used rather than the
system one.

Hope that clears things up.
Emil