On 04/09/2015 23:49, Bas Nieuwenhuizen wrote :

With DRI2, my system always gives me SCANOUT framebuffers, even when the
application is not running fullescreen, which means that decompression will
not happen in this common case. Although I realize now that I am not sure that
flag is always set when a compositor is used, as I am not too familiar with
that area.

- Bas

That will be the same as well with Wayland and DRI3.
Anything shared with the compositor should have this flag.

Also even if the application may not be fullscreen, display planes could be used in theory.