From: "charlie wallace" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 17:17:54 -0800

   i`ve been working on something similar, the solution we`re looking
   at is to use a run time linker that links in the correct module for
   the cpu/renderer in use. kind of like shared libs on unix

I believe it is an error to try and reinvent the wheel and roll "yet
another" module loader when most systems out there have the dlopen()
mechanism and this is what it is for.

XF4.0 has it's own dynamic loader, and when porting it to sparc I had
to reimplement and re-debug Sparc ELF relocation fixup code, when a
perfectly fine solution like dlopen() exists which is debugged and
implemented already.

So what I'm saying is, if you go the loadable module route, that is
just fine, just do it using dlopen() which is portable and works.

Later,
David S. Miller
[EMAIL PROTECTED]