On 01-Jun-99 Keith Whitwell wrote:
> You're right - it's just the src branch.  It may be painful to add the
> tag to the rest of the tree - I guess 'cvs tag -b -l' at the top level
> and then name each of the lower directories by hand...

 Done. I've tagged all other files/directories as experimental-1
 and moved the files asm_386.[hS] to src/X86 (they don't seem to
 be used anywhere !?).

>>  BTW: Why are all directories stored in the root of the CVS tree?
>>  Usually one would store them in a subdirectory "mesa".
> I don't know - I'm not sure the VA guys had set one up before.

 I think they should be moved sooner or later.
 It'd simplify maintaining different branches and you
 could store experimental code outside of the "mesa" directory.

 I also recommend to use a ChangeLog file instead of keeping
 logs in the source files.

>>  Weird. It's supposed to check for both /usr/include/glide.h and
>>  /usr/include/glide/glide.h. I don't have glide installed
>>  but it works fine if I create a dummy /usr/include/glide/glide.h
>>  I think I'll install glide and test it myself.
> I'll check again and make sure that the message 'glide.h ... not found'
> is the cause of my problem and not just a symptom...

 It's a bug in the glide headers: glide/glide.h includes
 files such as <3dfx.h> but it should include <glide/3dfx.h> instead!
 I've found a work-around for it, however.

email: tanner@(ffii.org|gnu.org|ggi-project.org|gmx.de)
web:   http://home.pages.de/~tanner
GGI/Picasso: http://picasso.ffii.org