> It caused some problems for SGI (their GLU NURBS code is written in
> C++).  The Linux OpenGL Standards Base mailing list is currently
> discussing what to do about this, because it imposes a requirement for
> C++ runtime support even on ordinary C programs.  This has
> consequences for binary compatibility, too.

The whole cross-platform thing would undoubtedly be much easier to acheive
with straight ANSI C.  It's more important to keep Mesa dependant on an ANSI
C compiler and the X Windows development environment only than make my job
as a developer a little easier :-)

Besides, I've already done all the coding now anyway...

-- Gareth