Mårten Björkman wrote:

> I'm trying to estimate the amount of work required in order to
> optimize the transformation functions for Pentium III. Since the
> functions are many and some of them won't benefit much from using the
> new SIMD instructions, it's probably preferable to spend most energy
> on the most frequently used functions and forget about the rest.
>
> Does anyone know which functions one ought to concentrate on?

The functions with cullmask are less used than those without.  Functions for 1
and 2 vertices are less used than the 3 and 4 cases.  Probably the top few are:

        cliptest-points-4
        transform_points3_general_raw
        transform_points3_3d_no_rot_raw

I'd also add

        transform_points3_3d_raw

and have a look at the ones used by the fx/mga fast paths in vertices.c.  These
are the ones used by q3.

Keith