Holger Waechtler wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> the fixam script, which enables automatic dependency tracking, if gcc and
> gnu make are available, is now called automatically from bootstrap.
>
> Beside this, SUBDIRS in src/Makefile.am are now filtered, this should make
> compilation possible, even if somebody forgot some #ifdef's.
>
> I hope, this will make the autoconf stuff more robust.

After ./configure and make, the lib/ directory is empty and I only find
static libraries in the src*/ directories.  It would be nice if the
libraries wound up in the lib/ directory.

I thought shared libs would be made by default.  I tried
./configure --enable-shared  but that didn't make shared libs either.

I'm using a RedHat 5.1 system at the moment.

-Brian