I just updated my mesa cvs (after like a month of using an old one :)
and im having a bunch of wierd errors.

Ive built and configured with prefix=/usr/local . I installed and things
seemed well. I then did a make check and it spat out the usual demos.
This is where it gets wierd. When i try and run the demos as non root, i
get:
rarloa-4 [thebard] bash\>./drawpix
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file
/usr/local/cvs-gnome/Mesa/demos/.libs/12930-lt-drawpix: Permission
denied
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Ok. so i look in /usr/local/cvs-gnome/Mesa/demos/.libs . There are a
bunch of wierd executables that look like the demo executeables in
there, but they are all diferent sizes than the demo executables in
/demo. What are they? Also, if i run say ./drawpix as root, then try and
run it as a normal user, it runs fine.. doesn't error.

Another thing. I next installed cvs glx and everything went fine.
quake3test runs using it. However, the demos do not. Obviously they are
not using the new glx libGL. Do i need to recompile them all by hand or
is there an automated way to do this?

Also, this new cvs doesnt seem to configure shared libs in by default
for me. I'm on a rh6 box, smp pent II's. I have to manually tell
configure to build shared libs. Is that normal?

Wayde
[EMAIL PROTECTED]