> I've found that your new tessdemo stops working if the lines self
> intersect.  Is this a requested behavior?

The self-intersecting code is still under development at the moment.  It
works in some instances (ie. the star in book/tess), but I'm still ironing
out the implementation of contour extraction.  The edge picking code gets
lost and we end up with a dangling contour (ie. not a closed loop).

This will be fixed as a rather high priority, as this and the recovery
process are the only things that need work at this stage.

Thanks for the mail, I appreciate your testing efforts.

-- Gareth