Neal Tringham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>2) Voodoo 1, Rush only
>
>The game crashes after a few (usually less than 20) rendered frames.  Note
>that both of these tests were done on Pentium Is with Windows 95 OSR2
>installed (a P200 MMX for the Voodoo 1 and a P133 for the Voodoo Rush,
which
>is "actually" a Stingray 128).  The Glide version installed was the one
from
>the latest release of the "Quake 3 compatible" drivers (the ones in GLSetup
>build 1.10).
>
>I'm afraid I haven't as yet been unsable to extract any useful information
>from mine or Mesa's log files which might hint at what went wrong here.

In case its of any relevance, the dll I was using was compiled with
"V2_OPTS" commented out in makefile.fx.  As far as I know, this should
affect the visuals rather than the stability in any case.

Also, I dynamically loaded the dll from the game (using LoadLibrary and
GetProcAddress to get the function addresses), but treated it as an
"opengl32.dll", i.e. GDI / wgl calls such as SetPixelFormat were made via
the GDI SetPixelFormat etc functions rather than the wglSetPixelFormat etc
functions exported from the dll.

Finally (!), I built the dll using Visual C++ 6 with service pack 3, running
"nmake /f makefile.fx" from the command line.  Should anyone be interested
in trying the exact binary I was running, it can be downloaded from
http://www.pseudonymz.demon.co.uk

                        Neal Tringham (VX)
                        ([EMAIL PROTECTED])