I have a patch which adds support for RGB5_A1 internal
texture format for mesa/3dfx driver.

(Now it is an appropriate time to inform me that the 3dfx does
not really support this internal format, and I have imagined
that the color quality improved when compared to RGBA4)

The patch contains following:

1) one line change, which I think is a bugfix for an issue
which becomes visible with this internal type

2) the required case alternatives to texture code

3) a minor, but noticeable, performance improvement
for PPro (and later), at least with MS compilers.
This changes some unsigned short temporary
variables to unsigned (and save PPRO from 16<->32 bit problems)

I can separate the last issue if needed.

Would this be ok for 3.3? If yes I can post this to
the mailing list, or to Brian.

The fix does not contain the code needed to reply
to the R/G/B bit length queries (When I did this I
couldn't find this code in (FX) mesa at all)

                Eero