--- Roland Scheidegger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> You may have a point but I fail to see why it would make any difference
> since the return value is never used currently anyway. Maybe you just
> got lucky.

Hmm, it was a very repeatable event - I don't think I'm *that* lucky. However,
maybe "lockup"
isn't quite accurate. What actually happened is that WoW tried to go
full-screen, but the new
screen never materialised and I was left staring at my xterms without either
keyboard or mouse.
Attempting to login via a serial console and kill the WoW.exe process was the
actual "fatal" step,
but there was no choice at that stage.

I hope this isn't a compiler bug!!! (gcc (GCC) 4.1.1 20060525 (Red Hat
4.1.1-1)).

Cheers,
Chris

P.S. I heard a rumor that someone was working on XvMC support for the Radeon
cards. Is this true, please?

Try the all-new Yahoo! Mail. "The New Version is radically easier to use" – The
Wall Street Journal
http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html