--- Michel Dänzer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Possibly, but more likely the old 3D driver.

Actually, that would be both the r200_dri and radeon_dri 3D drivers, since 2
machines are
affected.

> > In which case, turning AIGLX off should result in more than a blank
> > white screen. Correct?
>
> Not quite. You won't need to disable AIGLX to use tfp with direct
> rendering,

As I understand the (patched for FC6) compiz code, using tfp with direct
rendering isn't the
problem. Although tfp only appears in the server and client GLX extensions and
not in the
"intersection" when requesting direct rendering, compiz explicitly checks the
server extensions
for tfp too.

> OTOH it's probably just a bug that it doesn't currently work
> with AIGLX disabled, but it wouldn't be too interesting without
> acceleration anyway.

Probably, but getting an "unaccelerated" version of compiz working would be
progress and would
demonstrate that there really is a problem with FC6 Mesa. I could then escalate
this to the FC6
developers and they wouldn't be able to use the "blame-thrower"... ;-).

The GLXFBConfig error (AIGLX off, indirect rendering) *is* happening in
git-mesa, BTW, because
that is what compiz is linked against. IIRC, this message is being printed by
the addScreen()
function because it can't read some information that it needs for the default
depth of 24 bits. It
hasn't actually started trying to decorate things at this point.

Cheers,
Chris

your free account today
http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html