Daniel Stone wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 11:48:10AM -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
>> On Mon, 2007-07-02 at 20:17 +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
>>> In any case, maybe the mesa version number and OSMesa soname should be
>>> made independant in the future?
>> How about now? It's a huge pain for a linux distro to change so version
>> numbers for even a tiny library.
>>
>> Ship an update that uses the old so version number.
>
> Bad precedent no doubt, but in this case completely harmless:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]:~/x/xorg/xserver% apt-cache rdepends libosmesa6
> libosmesa6
> Reverse Depends:
>   libosmesa6-dev

The main issue is that apps previously built against libOSMesa.so.6 will
no longer runtime link with libOSMesa.so.7

I'll revert the libOSMesa.so version to 6.5.3 for the 7.0.1 release. I
could probably release 7.0.1 in a week or so.  A few people are working
on Mingw/Windows build issues.

OSMesa isn't used by a huge number of people so hopefully there won't be
too much hardship.

-Brian