Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> On Thursday 20 September 2007 20:44, Brian Paul wrote:
>> Daniel Stone wrote:
>>> On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 02:56:59PM -0400, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>>>> CXXFLAGS = -O3 -pedantic -D_POSIX_SOURCE -D_POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L
>>>> -D_SVID_SOURCE -D_BSD_SOURC
>>>                                                                          
>>>                       ^ Oops.
>> Fixed.
>>
>> Alexander, please re-test with this fix just in case it has some bearing
>> on things.
> 
> I just copied the flags from the linux version. I have the impression 
> that -D_BSD_SOURCE is actually not required. At least I don't see a 
> difference when building with and without _BSD_SOURCE. Maybe the same is true 
> also for _POSIX_C_SOURCE=199309L and _SVID_SOURCE.

Typically the differences of these flags turn up in system headers.  So 
depending on the flags, you may or may not get a prototype for one 
function or another.

> But since the result works with them and running a test sometimes requires a 
> lot of time (sometimes the machine is blocked and you have to wait for days 
> until your job is scheduled to run) I'd say the flags should stay in, with 
> the BSD one fixed.
> All this is for running ParaView (http://www.paraview.org) on supercomputers, 
> and I did the inital porting. Once this is actually used for complex 
> visualization tasks maybe issues will show up, until now I rendered only 
> basic things, so probably not all code was covered.

-Brian

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This SF.net email is sponsored by: Microsoft
Defy all challenges. Microsoft(R) Visual Studio 2005.
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/vse0120000070mrt/direct/01/
_______________________________________________
Mesa3d-dev mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/mesa3d-dev

Reply via email to