Hi,

I have just updated my Mesa installation to the latest from git, and suddenly
Wine is having
trouble. (Even winecfg is complaining!) Basically, drmMap is failing during the
R200's InitDriver,
and this is causing Wine to switch to indirect rendering. However, bizarrely,
glxinfo still says
that direct rendering is enabled, and celestia and all the OpenGL xscreensavers
run fine!
Reverting to an old version of Wine makes no difference. There is one other
error message from
libGL that I get from Wine - that it cannot find any fbconfigs, and again this
prompts a switch to
indirect rendering.

The error message is something like:
libGL.so: drmMap failed. (Cannot allocate memory)

According to strace, libGL is failing to mmap() a piece of memory. However,
reverting to any older
version of Mesa doesn't fix things, even after a reboot. Am I going to need to
reseat my card, or
something?

What is worrying me most is that I haven't yet been able to recover a "working"
state, so "git
bisect" isn't going to help me discover what went wrong. I'd be worrying about
a hardware fault in
my graphics card if my native OpenGL apps weren't working OK.

Can anyone suggest what on Earth might have gone wrong, please? Everything was
fine until I
installed the new Mesa last night. Could my libdrm be out of date? I am using
the current version
of libdrm from Fedora 7, and everything except 915_dri seems to build fine. (I
had to disable the
915 drivers from the config before Mesa would compile.) Is there something
radically different
between libdrm-2.3.0 and libdrm-git that has scrambled something on my PCI bus?

I am running vanilla Linux 2.6.22.9 without radeonfb, and have an rv280
graphics card.

Thanks for any help,
Cheers,
Chris