On Jan 3, 2008 1:08 AM, Brian Paul <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Is it possible the SPU code is getting compiled for 64-bits?  The ppu
> code gets compiled with -m32 but spu-gcc doesn't seem to like that flag.
>   I don't see another option for specifying 32 vs. 64-bit.
>
> Try running 'file' on the spu .o files.  Here, I get:
>
> pipe/cell/spu/g3d_spu-embed.o: ELF 32-bit MSB relocatable, PowerPC or
> cisco 4500, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped
> pipe/cell/spu/main.o:          ELF 32-bit MSB relocatable, version 1
> (SYSV), not stripped
> pipe/cell/spu/tri.o:           ELF 32-bit MSB relocatable, version 1
> (SYSV), not stripped

I am suddenly wondering whether SPU 64 bit code exists. The SPU
ABI seems to say no (cf.
http://www-01.ibm.com/chips/techlib/techlib.nsf/techdocs/02E544E65760B0BF87257060006F8F20/$file/SPU_ABI-Specification_1.8.pdf).

So the problem might be that the pointer parameters passed to the SPU from
the PPU are either 32 or 64 bit (for instance argp passed to SPU's main).

It's been too long since I played with the PS3 and have things mixed up...

Laurent