2008/6/12 Keith Whitwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> In reality, what has happened is that most of this has already
> occurred -- whatever 3d driver-related traffic that hasn't been sucked
> into IRC is now occurring on the Mesa lists.

Right. I now rearranged DRI wiki's mailing list page
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/MailingLists by stating that fact. I
also commented out the dri-announce mailing list which hadn't been
used for 5+ years.

> I actually think the current structure makes a lot of sense - if we
> wanted a change, we could rename dri-devel to drm-devel, but it hardly
> seems worthwhile.

It'd be nice, but only if somehow automagic enough. Just documentation
is mostly enough, too.

What about the dri-users mailing list? From users point of view
DRI/Mesa/DRM are mostly all the same (users want them all), and any
"users" of DRM are likely to be halfway developers anyway. While DRI
discussion has successfully migrated to mesa3d-dev list, users are
currently randomly posting either mesa3d-users or dri-users and the
discussion is not coherent. Could those two mailing lists be merged
into mesa3d-users, or do you think that mentioning dri-users is
(nowadays) for DRM discussion is enough to fix the problem from now
on?

Regarding wikis, I also started reorganizing the front page
http://dri.freedesktop.org/ a bit, including changing title to include
Mesa, too. I still think that it could be the wiki for both Mesa and
DRI, and that mesa3d.org could include a link to the wiki (or "DRI
wiki" because of the current status) under eg. the "Resources" title
instead of having the link to "DRI website" only in the bottom of the
navigation. What do you think?

-Timo