On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 6:22 PM, Younes Manton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm trying to get the HW winsys stuff set up for XvMC and have some questions.
>
> Is there any problem with dlopen()ing the DRI driver (in this case
> nouveau_dri.so) and instead of writing my own winsys? Stephane
> suggested I look into this, even though the winsys is supposed to be
> tied to the API. For Softpipe I looked at what Mesa's winsys was doing
> and implemented the stuff I needed and ignored any GL-specific things,
> but I realize now I may have been able to load egl_softpipe.so and
> reused their winsys. Is this acceptable for nouveau if I can live with
> some possibly minor GL dependencies?. I'm looking at dri_glx.c and
> glxext.c to see how this might be done.

As things currently are you need to make sure that libGL.so linked to
the application. I think it just enough to dlopen() it GLOBAL and then
dlopen *_dri.so you want.

You then need some hocks and things to get the pipe_winsys and
context creation out of the winsys or write code on your own side.
I think you might be better of just writing your own winsys. But yes
that is a lot of code duplication.

If you look at the gallium i915 driver it has one dri winsys and one
EGL winsys. Both these share a lot of backend code in a common
directory, this part only talks to the DRM. Now I know this is beyond
the scope of your gsoc but you could try to talk to the nouveau guys
about it.

dri: gallium/winsys/dri/intel
EGL: gallium/winsys/egl_drm/intel
backend: gallium/winsys/common/intel_drm

Cheers Jakob.