Hello,

I don't really know if this is a Mesa issue or a ATI issue. Here is goes:

I'm trying to benefit from Adobe Flash Player 9.0.115.0 (and above)
capabilities for fullscreen hardware rendering. Adobe's blog[1] explains
the following:

"""
Also, for fullscreen OpenGL acceleration, the Flash Player requires that
the client glx vendor string be something besides "SGI". Official
drivers from, e.g., ATI and Nvidia hopefully do not have "SGI" in this
field (check the 'glxinfo' command, for this string and for the
extensions listed above).
"""

glxinfo | grep "client glx vendor" outputs:
client glx vendor string: SGI

So I made a fresh new install on my test PC, and decided to install
ATI's driver directly from their web site (rather than ubuntu's
restricted modules version), hoping that "glxinfo" would output
something else than SGI. But I get the exact same data from "glxinfo".

I'm using an ATI X1250 card (embedded in an Asus AMD motherboard).

This pretty much means that *all* ATI users don't have fullscreen
hardware acceleration with Flash. NVIDIA users seem to have something
besides SGI. I've already sent a mail to the ATI linux drivers team...

I'm using the distro's latest updates running mesa 7.0.3~rc2.

[1] Adobe's article:
http://blogs.adobe.com/penguin.swf/2008/05/flash_uses_the_gpu.html

ps: From the blog's comments I can read that Corbin Simpson from Mesa
seems to be aware of that Flash issue.

Best regards,
--
Alexandre CONRAD