On Tuesday 30 September 2008 14:21:10 Stephane Marchesin wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I've adapted (but didn't push it) gallivm to llvm 2.4 (svn) API
> changes. But then there's an obvious question about what we're doing
> with those API changes ? Do we settle on a given version, or do we
> want to adapt it as the llvm API changes ?

I think what we want to do is just use 2.4 from now on. There was a couple of
fixes there that are very useful to us. So I say push it.

>From now on until we find some kind of a blocking bug in LLVM 2.4 I suggest we
stick with it so that we don't have keep compiling LLVM  from svn and just use
the official packages. And we'll keep on using the official packages until:
- we find a serious bug that really blocks us and we get LLVM guys to fix it in
svn,
- there will be features in svn that we really need and lack of them would
block as well
Does that sound ok?