Ian Romanick wrote:

> Thomas Hellström wrote:
>
>> Ian Romanick wrote:

>> Is there a particular reason to re-invent the wheel instead of just
>> using libatomic_ops?  It's available on all the platforms we're likely
>> to ever care about.
>>

>>> Ian,
>>> I posted the original patch for review last friday, and got a couple of
>>> hints pointing to
>>> complete and proven implementations. I had missed this one.
>>>

> Er... you posted on Friday and expected people to magically respond over
> the weekend???  ur doin it wrong. :)

Isn't friday evening and the weekend when everybody else is having beer
the best chance of
catching the attention of mesa programmers :) ?

>>> I do think, however, that for libatomic_ops, people might have issues
>>> with the GPL license.
>>>

> I do agree that the use of GPL libraries in Mesa is, at this point, at
> least a little objectionable.  However, the core of libatomic_ops is MIT
> licensed:

But then, if we can't use the library as is, due to the overall GPL
license,
and are only going to cut out a mit-licensed subset, I'd be inclined to
suggest that we keep the current API,
 using libatomic_ops to steal implementations with proper crediting?

/Thomas